Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The first day of my blog

So, this is weird, knowing that anyone can read my words. But kinda cool at the same time. My soap box today is about learning something new. At first I thought that never getting any positive feedback about stuff you do right and always getting negative feedback on stuff you did wrong was horrendously awful. Now I've seen the light. When all you get is negative, the one time you get positive it makes you feel like it was all worth it. Maybe I'm getting somewhere! And then I have the confidence to go on...

So, nursing is fun, but a little scary. When I was a student, someone was always watching, a teacher or another nurse. Now I just do what I do and it feels like something's missing. Like last night I had to get some pain meds out of the med room and I felt like, shouldn't someone be watching? But I'm the nurse now. The good thing about that feeling is that I check everything like 10 times before I move on :-)

I hope someone reads this and comments, but I'll be ok if no one does. Maybe it's just for me to think out loud to. Sounds like a good back up plan.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

JOY TO THE BLOG!!!!! this is soo exciting. blogs are such a good way to keep in contact. I can't belive you are a realy nurse. I mean you have a lot of sick people in your hands. scary! love ya!

Christine said...

Well hopefully not too many sick people in Labor and Delivery :-)